still upset that the films never acknowledge that Peeta loses a limb in the first arena and goes through the Quarter Quell with a prosthetic leg
or that Katniss has suffered permanent hearing loss in one of her ears and now requires a hearing aid
or, you know, the Avoxes
because, you know, why show disabled people doing things
I can’t stop laughing at Harry running the fuck away, the boy who lived ladies and gentlemen.
….You realize, of course, that Hermione Granger lit a teacher on fire when she was eleven, and kept a person alive in a jar for a year when she was fourteen, and studies dark and forbidden magics for kicks, and is one of the brightest and strongest witches of her era. If she came at me, even wandless, I would aparate to Neptune to get away from her.
Hermione Granger also:
- punched Draco Malfoy in the nose for being an idiot
- purposefully performed a confundus charm on whatshsface WHILE HE WAS FLYING just so Ron would win (omfg that is so fucking dangerous)
- literally pulled a fucking Bourne Identity on her parents and managed to set them up in fucking Australia (jesus christ she literally made it so that she NEVER EXISTED wtf that’s so fucking 007)
- Convinced the Ministry of Magic to give her an incredibly dangerous and volatile device that allowed her to ALTER TIMELINES COMPLETELY (just because she was so smart, literally, that is the reason, her “potential”)
- Has enough basic survival skills and badass magic to literally disappear to the middle of nowhere and flourish AND figure out Voldemort’s plot with Harry
- Hermione also figures out not only what Voldemort’s plan is, but generally how to beat it, WAY BEFORE VOLDEMORT EVER DOES. Why? because she is just that much smarter and better at magic than everybody else
in conclusion: Voldemort wishes he could be as awesome as Hermione, that’s why he wants to kill her so bad.
Can we rehave this series with hermione as the protagonist.
If only …
(Source: fallforwatsonmoved, via mishi543)
Quotes from the Harry Potter Books [22/50]
THIS BIT IN THE BOOK MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD!
"Yeah, it’s what my friends call me."
"I’m well aware of what a nickname is."
ARIEL YOU STUPID IDIOT YOUR BRA DOESNT MATCH YOUR TAIL YOU LOOK LIKE A FREAKING FASHION CATASTROPHE
BUT NEITHER DOES HER SISTER WITH THE YELLOW TAIL AND GREEN BRA
WHY ARE WE SCREAMING ABOUT THE LITTLE MERMAID?
I DON’T KNOW BUT IT SEEMED NECESSARY?
WHILE WE’RE AT IT, WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENT HAIR COLOR? I DON’T KNOW IF THIS IS GENETICALLY POSSIBLE WITH JUST TWO PARENTS! SOMEONE WITH SCIENCE FIGURE THIS OUT!
ARE THEY ACTUALLY SISTERS? BECAUSE, HAIR COLOR ASIDE THE GENETICS BEHIND DIFFERENT TAIL COLORS (BEING SO DISTINCT) WOULD BE EVEN MORE IMPROBABLE
I MEAN, WE NEVER SEE A MOTHER! THERE COULD BE MULTIPLE WOMEN INVOLVED IN TRITON’S LOVE LIFE!
PERHAPS THEY’RE HALF-SISTERS? OR MAYBE THEY DYED THEIR HAIR? COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT THEY DYED THEIR TAILS AS WELL?
I’M PRETTY SURE ALL OF THOSE HAIR COLORS COULD COME FROM TWO PARENTS. LIKE, IF TRITON HAS BRUNETTE AND REDHEAD ALLELES AND THE MOM HAS BLONDE AND REDHEAD ALLELES THIS IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE. AND IF WE ASSUME THAT TAIL COLOR IS CONTROLLED SEPARATELY FROM HAIR COLOR I FAIL TO SEE AN ISSUE. MERMAIDS COULD HAVE.. THEY COULD EVEN BE CODOMINANT. SO THEY’RE ALL EITHER RED DOMINANT OR BLUE DOMINANT. DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS OF EITHER RED OR BLUE ALLELES COULD ACCOUNT FOR ALL OF THEM. THERE.
Only on tumblr will you see a discussion about the science behind physical traits of characters in a Disney movie
YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE SCREAMING GET WITH THE PROGRAM
(Source: snowqueenelsa, via theangelsandthephonebox)